Our fund raising round was not successful.  As a result, IDB will be going off line and into cold storage.  If our competitors should stumble, I may re-active the site in the future but for now, we're turning out the lights.

I had planned to go off-line on April 4th.  Due to some important and unplanned changes in our maintenance schedule, I am now bumping that up to next Tuesday morning, March 27th, 2018.  PM 'admin' if you need to reach me. 

You should use the next 5 days to find a new home for your community.

Running IDB has been fun over the years and I hope you enjoyed your time here as well.  Sincerely,  Paul

P.S. News on IDB Funding -- this is now on it's own page to clean up the site a bit.

In response to Server upgrade is planned for tonight or Wednesday night by admin (04/07/2015, 5:09pm)

Re: Server upgrade is planned for tonight or Wednesday night

Gang, I have had new servers spooled up since April but we have decided not to upgrade.   Back in April, we had an issue with a software library deep within the code.  At the time, we both embarked on a path to fix the library on the production site AND upgrade the site to a new code base.  We did both things.  The problem is that, even though the new site ran well, we were doing heavy analysis of hardware performance and the new site was not quite up to snuff.  

The issue is that the solid state drives on the current site are just faster than on the setups we provisioned for the new install.  So, we need to stay put for another cycle.  We do routunely upgrade the site but right now, it won't get us anything so we are holding off.  

Bottom line: this upgrade has been canceled.   


- Admin (Paul)