IDB is fast, reliable, and FREE to use. Just join and start posting to an open board or contact the admin of a semi-private or private board to request an invite! Create an account today!
White House Releases Obama’s Selections For 2013 Presidential Medal of Freedom; Hanoi Jane and Madalyn Murray O’Hair Top List
by Jalapenoman on 15/01/13 at 4:57 am
The White House – (SatireWorld.com)
In a White House News Conference, a press secretary released the list of Barack Obama’s 2013 selections for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The award, given since 1963, is the highest civilian honor given in the United States, ranking it with the Congressional Medal of Honor given by Congress to members of the military.
The PMF recognizes “”an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors” (Executive Order 9586).
Republicans are already outraged at the choices made by the President, saying that these people “fly in the face of all that is good and right with America and Americans” (FoxNews) and that “this totally ruins any prestige that this award has ever had in the past (Glenn Beck).
No President has ever awarded more than eleven Medals in one year, so the 2013 list of winners is thirteen (naturally).
Chosen recipients of the reward, along with some of their accomplishments are:
1. Jane Fonda (a.k.a. Hanoi Jane), Oscar Winning Actress and Political Activist
2. Madalyn Murray O’Hair (Posthumous Award), Political Activist and founder/past president of American Athiests
3. Bill Ayers (birth name William Charles Ayers), Political Activist and founder of Weather Underground
4. Jesse Jackson (a.k.a. The Reverend Jesse Jackson), Political Activist and founder of The Rainbow Coalition
5. Al Sharpton (a.k.a. The Reverend Al Sharpton), Political Activist, Baptist Minister, and talk show host
6. Al Gore, former Vice President, movie maker, and self proclaimed inventor of the internet
7. Oprah Winfrey, talk show host, media mogul, and owner of a cable network viewed by dozens
8. Jeremiah Wright, Minister and Godfather of the Obama children
9. Henry Louis Gates, Jr, Harvard professor, Political Activist, and man whose arrest led to the Beer Summitt
10. George Soros, Billionaire, Political Activist, and Philanthropist
11. Louis Farrakhan, leader of the African American Nation of Islam movement and Political Activist
12. Malik Zulu Shabazz, leader of the New Black Panther Party and Political Activist
13. Marion Barry, former Mayor of Washington, D.C.
Of his list, President Barack Obama said that “some of these people are just overdue for a medal for their actions on behalf of this country. Many of them fought for Hope and Change for many years before that became my mantra, and I believe very much in the world community that they tried to create and America’s place in that community.”
News and political commentator Chris Matthews said that he got a thrill run up and down his leg just looking at this list of award winners.
Awards will be presented by Obama at a date to be determined after his Coronation Day later this month.
In an unrelated story, President Obama has announced that he will write a new Presidential Order repealing the 22nd Amendment (which limits a President to two terms).